Thursday, October 6, 2011

Soup Round 2

Last night we had tomato soup and "grilled cheese sandwiches."
Tomato soup is probably one of my favorite soups, and this is one of the easiest recipes!
It came from my mom; I do not know where she got it.

Hot Tomato Punch
1 qt Bloody Mary mix
1/2 c tomato paste
1/4 c vinegar (I did not use this)
2 1/2 c tomato sauce
1/4 c lemon juice
unsweetend whipped cream (note: You can not whip fat-free cream... Trust me... I've tried it twice.)
1. Mix all ingredients except cream together; heat over medium.
2. Serve topped with the whipped cream (This soup really needs the cream because the Bloody Mary mix is VERY spicy!)
I added: basil, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and liquid smoke.  It was delicious!

For the "grilled cheese sandwiches" I put Pam and liquid smoke in a pan.  I put in a tortilla topped with cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder.  I then topped it with another tortilla sprayed with Pam on the outside.  After the cheese melted I cut the tortillas into quarters to dip in our soup... YUMMY!

(We were eating in front of the TV because our favorite shows were on - "The Middle"
and "Modern Family!")

No comments:

Post a Comment