Tonight we made pizza. Normally, we make the pizza recipe from my Fleischmann's Rapid Ride Yeast cookbook and decorate it with tomato sauce/paste, cheese, and pepperoni. Recently I got a new recipe, called Lisa's Pizza (Dough) from the blog Little Tummy Yummies, that I've been wanting to try.
I decided that there were aspects of both recipes that I like, so we decided to combine them. Here is what I did. By the way, it's called Tire Pizza because I combined T,Y, and R from tummy yummy and rapid rise. That sounded stupid, and I thought "tire" sounded kinda catchy...
1 c tomato sauce (1 small can), warmed
1/4 c olive oil
1 pkg rapid rise yeast
1 1/2 t dried oregano
2 c whole wheat flour
1 t sugar
1/2 t salt
3/4 t cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450. Stir sugar and yeast into warmed tomato sauce and place in warm, draft free plac for 5 minutes (I left in microwave).
2. Combine flour, salt, oregano, and pepper.
3. Combine olive oil with tomato sauce mixture and stir into flour mixture.
4. Knead until smooth and elastic, 5 - 10 minutes, on floured board or in mixer. You may need to add some water to make the dough the correct consistency.
5. Cover with warm moist towel and let rise for 10 minutes.
6. Either split dough in 1/2 (for thin crust) or not (for thicker crust) and roll into 12 in circle.
7. Place on pizza pan or stone, prick dough with fork, and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Lightly brush crust with olive oil; parbake for 5 minutes.
9. Decorate as wanted (We used tomato paste mixed with onion powder and garlic powder, cheese, and ham.)
10. Turn oven down to 400. If 2 pizzas, cook for 10 minutes; if 1 pizza, cook for 15 - 25 minute (Watch exposed crust for burning.)